Upcoming northeast US conventions
I live in New York and there's some heavy duity festivals I want to go to this season. I encourage anyone living in New England or the tri-state area to go to some of these and I'll have reasons why. Here's the list in chronological order:
October 6-8, "Up for Grabs" Aurora, IL - I can't go to this one because I'm only one person and can hence only be in one place at a time. Sounds like an awesome smaller festival in a nice midwest-ish town. This doesn't prevent northeasters from going to that festival. Mark Kolbuz, Johnathan Brady and Jason Kollum are performing. Good show.
October 7-8, Philly fest, Philadelphia, PA - Oh baby! I am going to this fest for the second year in a row. The gym space is great, it's got plenty of talent, great vendors, great city and most importantly this year, Vova is performing. Philly is a pretty good drive from where I live, but time should pass easily if I'm carpooling with other jugglers. I suggest you do the same to save on gas/parking. Free gym and show tickets for $6 max is a bargan at twice the price.
November 10-12, Big Red Juggling Fest, Ithica, NY - It's an hour south of me, so I'm for sure going to be at that one. Two words for anyone undecided... Thomas Dietz. The guys at Cornell University were looking to pull in some big talent for this festival and they hit the nail on the head. Thomas is the man right now and I'm super psyched to see him again. The tenth annual festival is no small affair, lots of vendors, games and gym time to keep everyone happy.
That's it for now, more festivals in the spring when information becomes available.


2 Comments:
If I make it out to Aurora, I'll send you a festival report.
Perry
Just Your Average Joggler
Will anyone be coming up through Virginia? I live in Culpeper, VA, and would like to know about carpool information if possible.
Post a Comment
Top